Re: Why do I get out of memory errors when 10GB memory is free?

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 19:06:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 17:26:23 +0200, sybrandb wrote:

> 'zigzagdna' has now developed the habit to post all his queries *both*
> on OTN (using an anonymous handle) and on this forum. On OTN he denies
> his ulimit settings are a problem.

It's not simple ulimit setting, in the first place. The parameter values are described here:

http://docs.hp.com/en/1219/tuningwp.html#maxssiz
http://docs.hp.com/en/1219/tuningwp.html#maxdsiz
http://docs.hp.com/en/1219/tuningwp.html#maxtsiz

Of course, it's a HP-UX setup, st. John Hurley is the guy who knows HP-UX on this group, he could help him. Zigzagdna is just being his old, obstinate self. I believe it would be the right time for his company to promote him to a managerial position so that he just doesn't have to read all those dusty manuals. Peter's principle should be followed.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com