Re: Why do I get out of memory errors when 10GB memory is free?

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 17:26:23 +0200

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:54:04 +0000 (UTC), Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 03:39:09 -0700, zigzagdna wrote:
>
>> I am on HP UNIX 64bit 11.23 titanium using oracle 10.2.0.3. My server
>> has 24GB memory and of that 10GB is free (as seen in glance). When I
>> doing oracle exp or rman commands, I get: ORA-04030: out of process
>> memory when trying to allocate 1049112 bytes (KSFQ heap,KSFQ Buffers)
>> I checked both rman and exp are 64bit executables, so they should be
>> able to access all the memory on the system.
>
>Because your process limits are not set correctly. Ask your friendly
>neighborhood system administrator to allow oracle processes to allocate
>enough memory.

'zigzagdna' has now developed the habit to post all his queries *both* on OTN (using an anonymous handle) and on this forum. On OTN he denies his ulimit settings are a problem. Zigzagdna, instead of involving all of the globe, posting your 'I can not be bothered to read documentation' queries all over the globe, and involving DBAs all over the globe to do your work, can you please *STOP* this behavior, *NOW*

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA