Re: Installing and Uninstalling Oracle 11g

From: macdba321 <macdba321_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

On May 28, 2:19 pm, johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
> On May 28, 12:17 pm, p..._at_kartik.com wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I installed a standalone Oracle 11g on Solaris 10, sparc. How do I,
> > completely uninstall it. My aim is to install clusterware, and I am
> > running out of disk space, so, how do I install clusteware, do I first
> > uninstall the Oracle 11g installation, and then start a fresh
> > installation of clusterware?
>
> > Kartik Vashishta
>
> Did you look at the oracle documentation?  It's free.

Yeah, it's a shame that it's also free to post useless comments. If you have nothing useful to say, STFU!!!!!

Kartik, you do not "need" to fully remove 11g db prior to installing clusterware, it is your choice. However, if you are out of space, then obviously "there can be only one!" Are you installing RAC? Your post did not mention anything as such.

-Mac Received on Thu May 28 2009 - 13:41:41 CDT

Original text of this message