Clustering OAS servers

From: macdba321 <macdba321_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:34:58 -0700 (PDT)

I know very little about Oracle Application Server 10g. Our App Server expert just quit unexpectedly.

We have a very basic OAS application, nothing fancy.

Senior management asked about the complexity of clustering the OAS server with another identical server that we just acquired by accident.

Is clustering an OAS easy / difficult? From what I've read so far, no additional software is needed. (Such as Clusterware.) It seems to be all "built-into" OAS. Is this true?

I'm reading online and researching here at the same time. (Before some helpful soul tells me to "go RTFM or something equally as helpful!)

Thank you! Received on Thu May 28 2009 - 13:34:58 CDT

Original text of this message