Re: Setting up OS authentication

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 13:04:39 -0700 (PDT)

On May 22, 10:23 am, yeung..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> On May 21, 6:08 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
>

> > On May 21, 10:38 am, yeung..._at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> > > Hi,
>
> > > I'm trying to setup Oracle 10g to use OS authentication but are
> > > getting the following errors.
>
> > > SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
> > > ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> > > ORA-01738: missing IN keyword
>
> > > Oracle IDs are working fine it's just when I use OS authentication.  I
> > > tried googling this but the solution is to "Place the keyword IN and
> > > lock mode directly after the table name in the LOCK TABLE statement
> > > and retry the statement."  Not sure where to put it in the test case
> > > below.
>
> > > Below is the simple Oracle test case I used.
>
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > Create test table:
>
> > > create table test (i number, s varchar2(3));
>
> > > Control file:
>
> > > OPTIONS (DIRECT=TRUE)
> > > LOAD DATA
> > > INFILE test.dat
> > > APPEND
> > > INTO TABLE test
> > > FIELDS TERMINATED BY "|"
> > > (i, s)
>
> > > Data file:
>
> > > 1|foo
> > > 2|bar
> > > 3|baz
>
> > I suspect this is the similar to metalink 1082550.6 just 10g gives
> > slightly different symptoms.
>
> > Try either not using direct=y or grant lock any table to the user
> > (though the fact that you are getting a syntax error makes me guess
> > the latter was made worse by 10g).  Submit to oracle so they fix what
> > the real problem is, or maybe there already is a patch.
>
> > Also note bug 5345978 -  is there a special character like a dash in
> > the username?  Try specifying the schema explicitly as part of the
> > table name in the control file, in quotes and be careful with case.
>
> > jg
> > --
> > _at_home.com is bogus.
> > "Oracle just better hope it doesn't end up on the wrong side of the
> > fork."http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/05/21/2040220-Hide quoted text -

> Thanks Joel!!! It was due to the bug 5345978 you mentioned.  But now
> I'm getting the following error.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-00911: invalid character

What character set/NLS settings do you have? Since you admit it was the bug for the previous error, I have to assume you are using weirdo characters in your username, investigate quoting (and be sure you understand the case issues, select username from dba_users). This is all wild guesswork, of course, it would be easiest if you told all this. But then again, you may not want to publish your usernames, so maybe you can create usernames that have the funny characters but aren't the ones you really use, just for showing the problems. Maybe even try usernames without funny characters. And tell us which of the possible workarounds you are using.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
"The poison control center says I have to suck out the poison."