Re: Strange memory error during import ...

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 18:31:31 -0500

zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> I am on Oracle 10.2.0.3 on HP UNXI 11. When doing import after all
> tables have been imported,
> I get following emmory errors. I have seen it in 2 different database
> instances. No clue, why this error
> Occurs.
> sh: 3127 Memory fault
> sh: 3300 Memory fault
> sh: 3441 Memory fault
> sh: 3471 Memory fault
> sh: 3528 Memory fault
> sh: 3531 Memory fault
> sh: 3535 Memory fault

ensure your shared memory segements are set correctly to support your database:

shmmax
The maximum size, in bytes, of a single shared memory segment. For best performance, it should be large enough to hold the entire SGA.

shmmin
The minimum size, in bytes, of a single shared memory segment.

shmseg
The maximum number of shared memory segments that can be attached (i.e. used) by a single process.

shmmni
This determines how many shared memory segments can be on the system.

shmmns
The amount of shared memory that can be allocated system-wide.

either that or your system has a DIMM going bad... Received on Sat May 09 2009 - 18:31:31 CDT

Original text of this message