Re: sqlldr ignores skip

From: Thomas Poenicke <poenicke_at_freenet.de>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:39:05 +0200

On Fri, 8 May 2009 03:17:05 -0700 (PDT), johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net wrote:
>[...]

> The 10.2.0.1 is missing a lot of maintenance patching up to 10.2.0.4
> might fix ... possibly?
>
> I don't think you are "supposed to be able to" patch XE but some
> people have reported that it is possible under at least some
> circumstances? Maybe there is an 11g version of XE that works perhaps
> with SKIP?

There is no 11g XE. :(
I don't know if I'm able to patch it.

> To bypass your problem how about passing your input thru some kind of
> utility/procedure that ditches the records you don't want to load
> before it hits sqlldr.

Thats just what i want to avoid.
Except the possibility of cutting the first lines of an text file without loading the complete file within an php script. AFAIK there is no command or function to do this. I know fgetcsv, but this does not avoid the looping through the complete file.

Regards.
Thomas Received on Fri May 08 2009 - 08:39:05 CDT

Original text of this message