Help understanding an oracle text search term

From: <>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:35:03 -0700 (PDT)

I have a varchar2 column (col2) and I've created an CTXSYS.CONTEXT index for it (using the empty stoplist). I'm running a query that has

   ... AND CONTAINS(col2, 'G"%') > 0

This results in an error "DRG-51030: wildcard query expansion resulted in too many terms"
But if I change the search term to 'G%' (without the double-quote) then I don't get the error.

I'm trying to understand why the double-quote causes the error and what it means in a CONTAINS search.
Is a double-quote special in a CONTAINS search?

Kevin. Received on Tue May 05 2009 - 15:35:03 CDT

Original text of this message