Re: utl_compress zip file

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:37:41 -0700 (PDT)

Comments embedded.

On Apr 17, 4:00 am, hegyv..._at_ardents.hu wrote:
> On ápr. 16, 23:28, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 05:25:31 -0700 (PDT), prunoki
>
> > <hegyv..._at_ardents.hu> wrote:
> > >What am I missing?
>
> > Something basic: You should not force someone voluntarily answering
> > your incomplete questions (There is as usual no platform and no
> > version) to look up the error message in the online documentation.
> > It is something *YOU* should have done prior to posting.
> > Alternatively, you should quit your job and find a less challenging
> > one.
>
> > Sybrand Bakker
> > Senior Oracle DBA
>
> For one thing: I surely do not wish to get any help from you.

Interesting.

> Whenever
> you answered any of my questions in the past all your answers were
> either useless or wrong.

Not according to your posting history:

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?scoring=d&filter=0&enc_author=DUd_nhMAAAD4RXfrtB2QJC7GCLvW2M2tBdHSpKH-m-FHve2hTo__3A

> Something for you to think about.

Possibly you should also think about what you wrote as your statement isn't supported by your history of posts.

> If you want
> to help and you need more info ask for it.

Search the newsgroup and you'll find numerous responses stating the required information to include in a post, and you've continually failed to comply. To repeat information widely spread throughout the archives:

Include the following MINIMAL information with your posts:

  • Oracle version (in numeric form, as '8i','9i','10g','11g' marketing labels help no one)
  • OS platform and version
  • The error code and exact error message received
  • Table DDL and sample data (when diagnosing queries)

We may ask for more information, but if that minimal list isn't supplied we really can't do much to help you.

> If you do not want to help
> then just leave me alone. Please.

And if you WANT help provide the barest minimum of information shown in the list above. Also read here:

http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

to learn the posting gudelines for the comp.databases.oracle.server newsgroup.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Apr 17 2009 - 10:37:41 CDT

Original text of this message