Re: Geocoding in Oracle with the 2008 TIGER data

From: <>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:26:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 14, 1:59 pm, "Matthias Hoys" <> wrote:
> <> wrote in message
> > Hello everyone,
> > I am new to Oracle Spatial and am wondering if it is possible to use
> > the 2008 TIGER shapefile data with Oracle Spatial's Geocoding package.
> > From the information that I have read so far, it looks like I would
> > have to convert the TIGER data into a specific format (the GC_ tables)
> > in order for it to be Geocoded. So I guess my questions are as
> > follows:
> > Is this even possible?
> > If it is possible, how difficult would it be to convert the data?
> > Are there any tools/resources out there to help with this?
> > Is Navteq the only company that supplies data in the proper format to
> > be used by Oracle's geocoding package? I did import their sample data
> > and get a proof of concept working with that pretty easily, but due to
> > the cost of the data, using their data does not appear to be an option
> > for us.
> > Thanks in advance,
> > John
> I only played a bit with Spatial but maybe you could post your question on
> the Oracle Spatial OTN forum:
> Matthias

Thanks for your response, however, I already posted to the Oracle Spatial OTN forum earlier this morning The post only has a handful of views and no responses. I was posting here in hopes of getting more people to see the post so that maybe someone could help me out.

John Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 13:26:55 CDT

Original text of this message