Geocoding in Oracle with the 2008 TIGER data

From: <simpsonjohnj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:23:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I am new to Oracle Spatial and am wondering if it is possible to use the 2008 TIGER shapefile data with Oracle Spatial's Geocoding package. From the information that I have read so far, it looks like I would have to convert the TIGER data into a specific format (the GC_ tables) in order for it to be Geocoded. So I guess my questions are as follows:

Is this even possible?
If it is possible, how difficult would it be to convert the data? Are there any tools/resources out there to help with this?

Is Navteq the only company that supplies data in the proper format to be used by Oracle's geocoding package? I did import their sample data and get a proof of concept working with that pretty easily, but due to the cost of the data, using their data does not appear to be an option for us.

Thanks in advance,
John Received on Tue Apr 14 2009 - 12:23:47 CDT

Original text of this message