Re: 'lost updates' for web apps

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 7, 1:02 pm, student4li..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> Could someone please inform me if setting ISOLATION LEVEL to either
> 'READ COMMITED' or 'SERIALIZABLE' can remedy 'lost updates'problem for
> web-apps? I am using Oracle 10G. TIA.

It depends. Go to asktom.oracle.com and search on those terms. You'll learn a lot, but it depends on your web-apps as to whether you can even remedy your problem. In particular, http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:30562552526857 addresses the obvious question of whether you mean lost updates or something else. As used there, this would be something outside the database, so a group about the database might not be the right place to ask, or the answer may be no, it can't remedy the problem.

Here's a mini-faq about posting on this group: http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.