Re: 'lost updates' for web apps

From: joel garry <>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 13:28:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 7, 1:02 pm, wrote:
> Could someone please inform me if setting ISOLATION LEVEL to either
> 'READ COMMITED' or 'SERIALIZABLE' can remedy 'lost updates'problem for
> web-apps? I am using Oracle 10G. TIA.

It depends. Go to and search on those terms. You'll learn a lot, but it depends on your web-apps as to whether you can even remedy your problem. In particular, addresses the obvious question of whether you mean lost updates or something else. As used there, this would be something outside the database, so a group about the database might not be the right place to ask, or the answer may be no, it can't remedy the problem.

Here's a mini-faq about posting on this group:

-- is bogus.