Re: Edit records with an Oracle client

From: <engel.kevin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:06:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 30, 9:10 pm, francan <franca..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just loaded the 10g client EM on my Windows workstation to connect
> to our 10g database.
> Everything works great except I dont see any place where I can edit
> records. I have to use SQL Plus to edit records but was hoping to use
> a GUI like I had with 9i client OEM.
> Before we had 10g, I used to have the 9i OEM and it let me edit
> records in 9i OEM where I could add, delete and update records with a
> user friendly interface.
>
> Please advise where or how I can edit records in 10g EM or Oracle
> client?

On the 10g 'Database Companion" CD, the old "9i Enterprise Manager" lives on as "Java Console".
But...
That's dead-end technology. It's time to upgrade. Oracle offers a very nice GUI for free called SQL Developer. Give it a try. Received on Mon Mar 30 2009 - 21:06:18 CDT

Original text of this message