Re: dba_lmt_free_space

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:03:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 17, 6:01 pm, ad..._at_rbtron.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to see why there is a huge difference between these two
> sqls:
>
> SQL>select sum(BLOCKS) fr from dba_lmt_free_space where file_id=8;
>
>         FR
> --------------
>     257280
>
> 1 row selected.
>
> QL>select sum(BLOCKS) fr from dba_free_space where file_id=8;
>
>         FR
> ---------------
>    1160448
>
> 1 row selected.
>
> The file_id 8 is a datafile in an LMT tablespace ...
>
> Thanx
>
> -Ad

And this is for which release of Oracle? Don't be lazy and say '9i', '10g', etc. because the marketing lingo is useless in this context. Report the version in X.X.X.X form, where X is a number, for example:

9.2.0.8

10.2.0.3
10.2.0.4
11.1.0.6

When we know the release we're better able to assist you.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Mar 17 2009 - 21:03:20 CDT

Original text of this message