Re: Is comp.databases.oracle.server dying?

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:20:39 -0500

Palooka wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote:
>> There used to be a company, no 2 in the computing world, that had the

> > best OS that I've ever seen and excellent hardware
>
> I thought you were talking about IBM and OS/2 for a moment. But then the
> madness passed :-)
>
> Palooka

IBM has always been #1. There is a LOT that DEC contributed to the computing world until the bean counters took over and started listening to the vultures on Wall Street.

Although you don't hear a lot about VMS, there is still a smattering in the financial sector that uses it on Alpha and now Itanium. I even have one in the basement :) Received on Mon Mar 16 2009 - 18:20:39 CDT

Original text of this message