Re: popular storage for ORACLE RAC

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:27:09 -0500

novickivan_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to determine what is the most popular storage solution for
> Oracle RAC.
>
> Specifically I am trying to compare NAS (NetApp, EMC, Sun, etc) versus
> RedHat cluster file system, versus Veritas, versus any other solution
> out there.
>
> Which is the most mainstream?
>
> Thanks,
> Ivan Novick

What platform is your hardware/OS?

Stay away from Veritas Clusters... it will add a level of complexity you really do not want.

Are you also using ASM?

I would not use NAS, use SAN. All of the ones you mentioned it support multiple systems connecting to same devices via SCSI-3 bit...

[successfully using NetApp (tier2 storage) on a 2-node (soon to be 3) SUN RAC cluster with more than 370TB of storage]

However, my [PERM] Salary Continuation plan will be discontinued in another week or so. So, if you are looking for a consultant to come in and help with your situation... email address is real. Received on Mon Mar 16 2009 - 18:27:09 CDT

Original text of this message