Re: SQL Question - Adding rows to the resultset

From: Randolf Geist <mahrah_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 00:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 10, 9:26 pm, Gokul <gokulkumar.go..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> We are already looking at writing a PL/SQL program to solve the
> problem. Was interested to know
> if this was possible in SQL.
>
> Thanks for your response.
> Gokul

Gokul,

you might want to post this over on the OTN PL/SQL forum (http:// forums.oracle.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=75&start=0). I'm quite confident you'll find some SQL gurus over there that can solve your issue in plain SQL. At least in 10g using the MODEL clause the logic should be applicable quite easily, although I second the points made that you need to make clearer descriptions, e.g. what are "first"/"next" transactions etc.

Regards,
Randolf

Oracle related stuff blog:
http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/