Re: Any tools/scripts for finding underlying cause of concurrency?

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 16:52:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 8, 6:42 pm, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> > Not quite sure if you are understanding the concepts correctly.
>
> John, I admire your ability to remain straight faced in the situations
> like this. Saying that you're not quite sure if the OP is understanding
> the concepts correctly is the funniest understatement I've seen in a
> very, very long time. You must have the patience of a saint.

A lot of times in this newsgroup it is unclear to me if the posters do not have a clear understanding of relevant Oracle concepts involved in their question or it is a language barrier or both.

In this specific example though the OP noted that their is some kind of oracle bug involved ( would have been nice to have relevant details ) and that a long running transaction had chewed up a bunch of UNDO and that was involved also apparently.

At this point it is hard to know if the OP is on track at all or not. Received on Sun Mar 08 2009 - 18:52:24 CDT

Original text of this message