Any tools/scripts for finding underlying cause of concurrency?

From: vm22 <>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 08:56:27 -0700 (PDT)

We have been having concurrency issues for the past week but have managed to resolve it (the underlying cause of it was a bug). One thing that I wanted to know is that if there are any tools or scripts out there to tell us immediately the cause of the concurrency?

All we saw in OEM was a couple of statements which were the Top SQL as well as a session that was blocking and several being blocked. We could not see the underlying SQL that was causing it. Eventually, the issue was the UNDO segments being released from a huge transaction - thereby causing the concurrency.

Any help is appreciated.

Vivek Received on Sun Mar 08 2009 - 10:56:27 CDT

Original text of this message