Re: EMN0 process memory leak.

From: <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 05:39:52 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 4, 6:39 am, "Ralph.in..._at_googlemail.com" <Ralph.in..._at_googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Oracle 9.2.0.8, running on Solaris 9 64 bit
>
> We use advanced queuing to trickle (800 per minute) real time
> transactions into a datamart. This has been live for a month and is
> working great. Apart from the fact we have noticed that the EMN0
> process is now at 1.8g. This is a 24x7 database so restarting the DB
> is a last resort. We have an SR open with oracle ... but I am after a
> couple of swift answers from here...
>
> The process we have implemented looks like this.
>
> Trigger puts payload onto a non-persistent queue, which invokes a
> callback, before placing a message on persistent queue from where it
> is sent across a dblink into a destination queue on the Datamart.
>
> The server still has plenty of RAM spare, but I am concerned that we
> will imminently hit a process limit at 2g. Is this the case? If I kill
> the process, what will be the impact on any transactions? ( I don't
> want to loose any data and don't want the firing of the trigger to
> hang if EMN0 is not there ... I doubt this will happen). Oracle will
> restart the process, but what happens in the interim.
>
> We have tried this in another environment (and EMN0 does restart),
> though not one that was under load...(we are working on getting hold
> of the stress harness to test this...)
>
> If anybody has any light they could shed on this, that would be a
> help.
>
> Cheers
>
> Ralph

With a 64 bit install of oracle on a 64 bit os you "shouldn't" run into problems related to 2 gig. Used to be that one would get quality support from oracle on solaris ... keep your fingers crossed.

I would think about scheduling downtime real soon for a bounce while you keep trying to push support.

Good luck. Received on Wed Mar 04 2009 - 07:39:52 CST

Original text of this message