EMN0 process memory leak.

From: <Ralph.in.NZ_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 03:39:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

Oracle 9.2.0.8, running on Solaris 9 64 bit

We use advanced queuing to trickle (800 per minute) real time transactions into a datamart. This has been live for a month and is working great. Apart from the fact we have noticed that the EMN0 process is now at 1.8g. This is a 24x7 database so restarting the DB is a last resort. We have an SR open with oracle ... but I am after a couple of swift answers from here...

The process we have implemented looks like this.

Trigger puts payload onto a non-persistent queue, which invokes a callback, before placing a message on persistent queue from where it is sent across a dblink into a destination queue on the Datamart.

The server still has plenty of RAM spare, but I am concerned that we will imminently hit a process limit at 2g. Is this the case? If I kill the process, what will be the impact on any transactions? ( I don't want to loose any data and don't want the firing of the trigger to hang if EMN0 is not there ... I doubt this will happen). Oracle will restart the process, but what happens in the interim.

We have tried this in another environment (and EMN0 does restart), though not one that was under load...(we are working on getting hold of the stress harness to test this...)

If anybody has any light they could shed on this, that would be a help.

Cheers

Ralph Received on Wed Mar 04 2009 - 05:39:54 CST

Original text of this message