Re: Hot backup

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 11:40:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 02:20:47 -0800, oracle_user wrote:

> Hi
> Can someone guide me on what are the components of a hotbackup and how
> to restore a hot backup.

Yes. There is a guide: It can guide you very well, if you only read it. Also, you should Google for "Robert G. Freeman RMAN 10g" or "Arup Nanda RMAN recipes". I always recommend Google. Because of the similarity of my last to the name of the popular search engine, I am getting paid by the number of searches.

> I have tried it , but always i had to use 'until cancel' option while
> recovering the database. How can i avoid this.

You can avoid it by reading the documentation. It doesn't hurt, it will not kill you and it might even prove useful.

> Regards,

Kindest regards.