Re: how to see the complete description of table in oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:38:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 00:52:37 -0800, juned2285 wrote:

> hi,
> i want to see the complete description of table with it's structure
> and constraints.
> I also want to see the column name on which the constraints are applied.

There is little something called the data dictionary. It used to be described in the reference manual for your version of oracle. I must recommend you to read the fine manual.
There are many gooey (alternative spelling of "GUI") tools that will show you the required information in a more palatable and easy to digest form. Toad, SQL Developer and Tora are probably the most important ones around.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com