Re: restore using rman

From: Anthony <akkha1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:58:47 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Charles suggestion. I guess I have to do a duplicate etc. This means creating a new instance on the production box etc. Just a bit more info (sorry about that), we are using a 3rd party vendor to do rman backup directly to tape. Hence the issue. I am always a big advocate of this sbt solution as it saves extra disk space for backup. But this incidence makes me to rethink the strategy. If I do a disk-to- disk rman backup and then save the files to tape, I do not have any problem. Received on Sun Feb 15 2009 - 15:58:47 CST

Original text of this message