Re: DBCA doesn't create new database (Oracle 11g)

From: A. Drolet <>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 05:16:17 -0800 (PST)

From: "A. Drolet" <> Newsgroups: Subject: Re: DBCA doesn't create new database (Oracle 11g) Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 05:16:17 -0800 (PST) Organization:

<> <>

        posting-account=HNZTFQoAAABgFIMLHkMRlqe_iJrvrnrE User-Agent: G2/1.0
        Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6,gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe) Xref:

Finally, before installing Linux, I decided to give it a last try on Windows Vista Home Basic.
I have uninstalled Oracle 11g from my C:\ drive. And I installed it once again, but in my 16Go FAT32 free partition (there is not a lot of disk space, however this installation is for educational purpose only).
During the installation, I chose the option that create a new database during the instalation process.
And it worked. I have a database that I am able to connect to with SQLPlus, Enterprise Manager and SQL Developer.

Now, when I try to create a new database with the DBCA, It still isn't able to create a new DB. However, this time, I have an error message.

ORA-12560 : TNS Protocol Adapter Error

It seems to be a common error. However, I still haven't found the solution for this error in my specific environment and context. I am searching.

Thank you all for your reply.

Alexandre Received on Thu Feb 12 2009 - 07:16:17 CST

Original text of this message