DBCA doesn't create new database (Oracle 11g)

From: A. Drolet <alexandredrolet_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:48:10 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

When I try to create a new database with the DBCA (Database Configuration Assistant), I am able to choose all the configurations for my new database. However, at the end of the process, when I click "OK" in order for the DBCA to create the database, nothing happens. The DBCA just closes. No error messages are displayed.

Note : I have installed Oracle 11g several times. With my first installation of Oracle, I was able to create a new database with the DBCA. Then I have uninstalled the software with the OUI (Oracle Universal Installer). However, with my others installations, I am unable to create a database.

I use Oracle 11g on Windows Vista Home Basic on my laptop computer.

Someone can help?

Thank you

Alexandre Received on Wed Feb 11 2009 - 11:48:10 CST

Original text of this message