disks for redo logs

From: helter skelter <helterskelter_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:40:33 +0100

Hi,

I've got two database - rac and single - and two RAID groups - 4 disks in RAID 10 and two disks in RAID 1 on storage array. At this time I'm using RAID 10 for RAC database redo and RAID 1 for single instance database redo.
RAC is producing about 100% percent more redo then single db. I am wondering if it would be more efficiently to make one RAID 10 from 6 disks and use it for both database ? I have no possibilty to test this configuration so that is why I am asking You. Thanks for any advices.

cheers Received on Wed Feb 11 2009 - 09:40:33 CST

Original text of this message