Re: Multi Lingual Full Text Index rebuild consumes lot of memory

From: <prasad.epal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 01:56:48 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 31, 7:44 pm, Shakespeare <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
> prasad.e..._at_gmail.com schreef:
>
> > Hi All,
>
> > We have amultilingualfulltextindexwhere in lexers for specific
> > languages can be added any time depenedin upon the reuirement.
>
> > So whenever there is a new lexer added we add the new lexer to the
> >multilexer and rebuild theindex.
>
> > During rebuilding theindex, oracle is consuming lot of memory. I
> > already tried using memory parameter but not of much use.
>
> > Any Suggestions or comments Please.
>
> Be glad Oracle consumes a lot of memory! Would be worse if you stuffed
> your server with memory and no process used it.....
> So what is the actual problem? How many times do you have to add a lexer?
>
> Shakespeare

Whenever we add a new language to the application we use there will be documents created in that language..so to handle search in other languages we rebuild the index after adding a lexer for that language..

When we add the lexer and while rebuilding the index it consumes time...ofcourse there would be around 2500 documents to be indexed... Received on Wed Feb 04 2009 - 03:56:48 CST

Original text of this message