Re: an honest post about being an oracle ace

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 09:00:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 15:02:07 -0800, Chen Shapira wrote:

> There are two ways to look at this:
> The idea was not that "Successful DBAs can trick their
> management" it is "successful DBAs try new things and lead
> improvements."

Stated like this, I agree 110%.

> I wish I've received this comment in my blog where the person who got my
> (somewhat ambiguous and slightly tongue-in-cheek) advice could read the
> clarification.

I must say that I dislike blogs. There are forums for Oracle professionals, this being one of them. This being said, I do regulary peek at your blog as well as Tom Kyte's, Scratchpad, Richard Foote's, Tanel Poder's, Kevin Closson's, Nuno's, Fairlie Rego's, Tim Hall's blog, Optimizer Magic blog and, occassionally, some other blogs, primary Oracle Doug. This is quite a waste of time. Forums like this should be, in my opinion, the primary place for talking about the Oracle DBA issues. That being said, I like your blog and I like your work. Congratulations on becoming an Oracle Ninja!

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com