Re: an honest post about being an oracle ace

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 13:46:45 +1100

hpuxrac wrote,on my timestamp of 31/01/2009 11:16 AM:
> Found this one http://prodlife.wordpress.com/
>
> Very honestly it appears the author notes that he is a junior dba but
> has had oracle grant him this "credential" based on posting and
> promoting oracle ...
>
> Interesting eh?

In this case, I'd say Chen is being overly modest: she is a lot more than just a junior dba. Had I the power of decision to hire her I'd do it in a flash. She just has the right attitude to the job and actually knows more than she lets out.

But the Ace thing in general? Gosh, I've only said it a million times now: all the nonsense that goes on at Oracle about certifications and titles isn't worth the weight of it in crap. Received on Fri Jan 30 2009 - 20:46:45 CST

Original text of this message