Re: dbca error

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:47:18 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 5:46 am, macmenco <me..._at_bolt.tk> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been playing around with an 11g DB. I installed it on OEL 5.2 (no
> updates / no subscription) and did a software only install. Then I
> patched it to 11.1.0.7.0. After that I wanted to create a starters
> database, so I fired up DBCA, selected a General Purpose database and
> said "Go !".
> But half way through I got a "Disconnection Forced" message. After
> doing some research/testing, the problem apears only in the templates.
> Yes, also in the Datawarehouse template. The only way to create a
> database, is a custom database. I searched metalink and only found
> something suggesting I changed the blocksize to something different
> then 8K. Well, I didn't. I even tried adding the template datafiles to
> an existing DB and dumped the headers with "alter session set events
> 'immediate trace name FILE_HDRS level 10';". The trace file tells me
> it is 8K. I even tried copying the template again and dump again.
> Still 8K.
>
> Am I missing something, or is there a little bug in DBCA
> (11.1.0.7.0) ? Anybody got the same experience ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Menco

Don't know anything about 11, but am LOL given a flamewar not long ago spread over several blogs and forums about, among other things, oracle not testing blocksizes other than 8K. Could you cite the metalink note?

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
Man kills family, self, claimed in suicide note an administrator told