dbca error

From: macmenco <menco_at_bolt.tk>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 05:46:38 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I've been playing around with an 11g DB. I installed it on OEL 5.2 (no updates / no subscription) and did a software only install. Then I patched it to 11.1.0.7.0. After that I wanted to create a starters database, so I fired up DBCA, selected a General Purpose database and said "Go !".
But half way through I got a "Disconnection Forced" message. After doing some research/testing, the problem apears only in the templates. Yes, also in the Datawarehouse template. The only way to create a database, is a custom database. I searched metalink and only found something suggesting I changed the blocksize to something different then 8K. Well, I didn't. I even tried adding the template datafiles to an existing DB and dumped the headers with "alter session set events 'immediate trace name FILE_HDRS level 10';". The trace file tells me it is 8K. I even tried copying the template again and dump again. Still 8K.

Am I missing something, or is there a little bug in DBCA (11.1.0.7.0) ? Anybody got the same experience ?

Kind regards,
Menco Received on Wed Jan 28 2009 - 07:46:38 CST

Original text of this message