Re: Upgrade Plan

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 14:23:28 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 17, 11:53 am, Mladen Gogala <mgog..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

snip

> On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 08:38:02 -0800, hpuxrac wrote:
> > But why not plan on doing an OS patching process "before" doing the
> > 9.2.0.8 upgrade?
>
> A good test is worth a thousand Usenet posts, or so they say.

If you have something specific to say then by all means say it.

Your post in this thread seemed to say that one could ( not should perhaps ) put 9.2.0.8 on without possibly considering applying available maintenance to hpux. Personally I have been there done that and you ( as you noted ) are guessing.

Don't see anything wrong with my advice but yes certainly it should be part of a test plan for the whole upgrade. Received on Sat Jan 17 2009 - 16:23:28 CST

Original text of this message