Re: default select order

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:51:32 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 7, 2:29 pm, ddf <> wrote:

> As far as I know such an order variance shouldn't occur, and I cannot
> produce the OP's posted result with  This is not a
> question of behaviour between two releases of Oracle, it's differing
> behaviour for the same table and data in release 10gR2 (which patch
> level is still unknown).  Given that, the query plans should be the
> same for the two results, leaving one to wonder if this is a bug in
> fixed in subsequent patchsets.

You are guessing without a complete definition from the OP of the tables and indexes and statistics involved.

Nothing wrong with taking a guess ...

Oracle has the ability to retrieve column data from an index at times. Selecting one column with the same where clause as a different column "just ain't the same' without a good understanding of relevant indexes if any among other things. Received on Wed Jan 07 2009 - 13:51:32 CST

Original text of this message