Re: DataWarehousing

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 01:10:48 -0800 (PST)

On 6 jan, 06:39, raja <dextersu..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a oracle 10g database for datawarehousing.
> I dont know about datawarehousing concepts and the ways to performing
> tuning techniques applied in it.
>
> Please clarify me the following questions :
> For performance tuning and to know about the details of that
> database : In a datawarehouse database,
> 1. what are all the information should i get from the database ?
> 2. what are all the performance tuning techniques are applied ?
>
> FYI : we are also using oracle ware house builder
>
> can anyone please explain me in detail / any docs or urls, which can
> give a clear picture as a quick start...
>
> With Regards,
> Raja.

Raja,

This question is truly appaling.
By visiting http://tahiti.oracle.com, clicking the URL for 10g, and clicking the datawarehouse tab, you would have had your answer. http://www.oracle.com/pls/db102/portal.portal_db?selected=6

Can you please explain why you rather post doc questions, with likely your shoes on your desk, than doing the 'needful' yourself? Don't you think asking such questions increases the chance you will be ignored in the future?
Apologies are in order!!!

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA