Re: When should one rebuild an index?

From: Robert Klemme <shortcutter_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 13:12:17 +0100

On 27.12.2008 06:53, DA Morgan wrote:

> If you truly want to know when to rebuild indexes read Richard's
> comments. Read Jonathan Lewis' comments. And learn wield SYS_OP_LBID.

Maybe we need something like BAARF for index rebuilding - or even rebrand BAARF to "battle against any rebuild flapdoodle".

> Tom Kyte finally managed to make an impact with respect to bind
> variables after carrying the torch for it seems like a decade.

That's the bad side of internet not forgetting anything, especially if someone seems to be more proficient in search engine tuning of his pages than in dealing with Oracle on a scientific basis. :-)

> Can
> anyone put this index rebuild nonsense into the rubbish bin where
> it belongs? Please!

But don't forget "PURGE DBA_RECYCLEBIN" afterwards! ;-)

Cheers

        robert Received on Sat Dec 27 2008 - 06:12:17 CST

Original text of this message