Re: Oracle RAC support & Clarify

From: <shweta.kaparwan_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:42:42 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 17, 1:33 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
> On Dec 16, 8:22 pm, shweta.kapar..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi All
>
> > Does Clarify CRM application supports Oracle Active-Active Real
> > Application Cluster?
>
> > Further, I will appreciate any refrence to documents/links.
>
> > Regards.
>
> > Shweta
>
> Vendor products do not really need to be written to support RAC.  You
> can set up the Oracle connection string such that the application
> always goes to a specific instance, group of instances, or is load
> balanced to any available instance.  The application has no idea where
> the database resides or which instance it goes to.
>
> That said it is possible to write RAC aware software that takes
> advantage of the ability to fail transactions over in the event of
> instance failure.
>
> For specific information about a specific vendor product I would check
> the vendor web site and sales literature.
>
> HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Many Thanks Mark.
True. We are setting the Oracle connection string in such a way that all connections goes to Primary Instance. Hence all the connection goes to the Primary database instance.

But recently there was a Primary instance failure and application tried to connect to the other surviving instance. Application got connected to other instance, but we got babdly hit by OR-01861. Later in order to get rid of it we had to bounce the application.

Additinal info :
RDBMS : 9.2.0.6
Weblogic : 8.1 sp5
Clarify CRM : 13.1

Regards

Shweta Received on Tue Dec 16 2008 - 19:42:42 CST

Original text of this message