Re: Oracle RAC support & Clarify

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:33:36 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 16, 8:22 pm, shweta.kapar..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Does Clarify CRM application supports Oracle Active-Active Real
> Application Cluster?
>
> Further, I will appreciate any refrence to documents/links.
>
> Regards.
>
> Shweta

Vendor products do not really need to be written to support RAC. You can set up the Oracle connection string such that the application always goes to a specific instance, group of instances, or is load balanced to any available instance. The application has no idea where the database resides or which instance it goes to.

That said it is possible to write RAC aware software that takes advantage of the ability to fail transactions over in the event of instance failure.

For specific information about a specific vendor product I would check the vendor web site and sales literature.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Dec 16 2008 - 19:33:36 CST

Original text of this message