Rman Question

From: <mrdjmagnet_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:19:59 -0800 (PST)

I need to restore a copy of our database on a different server. I have full backups going back 4 weeks plus cumulative backups.

I'm not sure where the problem happened. So, I figure I can restore the earilest copy, and if that is not it, restore the next full backup......

Anyhow, I am looking for some decent documentation that will tell me the best way to restore the database onto a new server as well as choosing which incarnation of the database I want to restore....... Received on Mon Dec 01 2008 - 21:19:59 CST

Original text of this message