Re: Oracle 10g Recycle Bin

From: Palooka <>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:23:36 +0000
> I've read all about Oracle uses the recycle bin and how it purges
> objects when it needs space, etc. But, is there any way to manually
> control that, meaning to keep the objects in there longer? Other than
> increasing the size of the tablespace??

Perhaps I am a Luddite, but IMHO anyone with even a half decent version control/change control regime has absolutely no need of a recyclebin. Who in their right minds needs to undrop a dropped object? Why Oracle even introduced it I cannot imagine. Sheesh. Windoze anyone? Rant over.

Palooka Received on Mon Dec 01 2008 - 17:23:36 CST

Original text of this message