Re: Using bind variables for multiple values

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:34:42 +0100

Robert Klemme schreef:
> On 25.11.2008 10:05, Shakespeare wrote:
>

>> The explain plan changes back to nested loops when the optimizer goal
>> is set to first rows.

> Interesting. Incidentally there is a recent blog post:
>
> http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/2008/11/11/first_rows_n/
>
> Cheers
>
> robert

Thanks for the link! I wasn't advertising on using first rows, but was trying to show that the plans depend on statistics and optimizer settings.

By the way: I noticed in a test database that all selects on constructs of table(iset(1,2,3)) boil down to the optimizer guessing 8168 rows... no matter what type is used or how many rows/blocks.

Shakespeare Received on Wed Nov 26 2008 - 00:34:42 CST

Original text of this message