Re: 10g data pump question

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:13:51 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 24, 5:03 pm, joel garry <> wrote:

> Yep, I missed it.  I guess you've shown parallel is silly with
> network_link.

Au contraire mon frere ... using impdp with a network link and parallel just absolutely rocks.

For even better performance get a CLONE of production ( from dasd based replication ) and bring it up on the same system as a test/dev system ... use network link except locally on same host ( not really across any network ) ( various options here like bequeath/etc avoiding tcp ) ....