Re: process running slowly, lots of yield() calls ?

From: Jonathan Lewis <>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 08:48:46 -0000

"joel garry" <> wrote in message

Would that be true of the PL/SQL lock timer sleep? In my ignorance of how it actually works I'm imagining silly code that hyperaggressively checks for time slept at a very fine grain. "I'm ready to run George, oh, ok, I'm yielding, now I'm ready to run George, is it time yet, huh George, huh George, huh?"

-- is bogus.
 Wentz, B. M.

I believe the pl/sql lock timer sets an alarm (pretty much as
an ordinary enqueue wait) for the required interval.

Jonathan Lewis

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ