Re: expdp very sllllllllloooooooooowwwww

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 07:05:47 +0100

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 19:00:16 -0500, dk <kightda_at_bellsouth.net> wrote:

>I have a database with quite a few partition tables. Each of the tables
>has 751 partitions. In addition the tables have about 30millions rows each.
>
>Why would expdp be so slow it looks like i†'s not moving(status command).
>
>I use the parallel option.
>
>I've opened a SR with oracle suppor† - no luck.
>
>ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Let me guess: all partitions are located on one single disk.

My experience is anything parallel doesn't increase throughput, when parallel results in an I/O bottleneck.

The common approach to answer any performance problems is to start answering the question

What is it waiting for

by querying v$sesstat, v$sess_io, v$session_waits and maybe v$session_long_ops.
Apparently you didn't conduct that investigation yet. Please start investigating and report back later.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA