Re: Urgent help needed. Datafile dropped from OS. Please help.

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 21:55:38 +0000

dbagtcol wrote:
> Hi all
> Somebody just dropped an Oracle datafile from OS commands in our
> development RAC. The tablespace isn't that important but i am afraid
> RAC may be down. Please suggest how can I get rid of this tablespace.
> I am on 10.2.0.4 RAC environment with two nodes, in noarchivelog mode.
> When I to drop the tablespace, it gives me this error:
> ORA-01116: error in opening database file 24
> ORA-01110: data file 24: '/oracle/undo01/S0031001_X.dbf'
> ORA-27041: unable to open file
> Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
> Please help. please help.
>
> gtcol

Sounds like you have lost the undo tablespace (assuming that it is the only one, and that the filenames mean anything at all). You are not in archivelog mode.

Restore your latest cold backup. Changes made since then will be lost.

Then mount the database and take a full cold RMAN backup. Then put the database into archivelog mode and take a full hot RMAN backup. Look at the documentation about including controlfile and spfile.

Then take regular backups of database plus archivelog.

The backup and recovery guide on Tahiti will be useful.

Palooka Received on Tue Nov 18 2008 - 15:55:38 CST

Original text of this message