Re: temp tablespace

From: <lsshepler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:52:09 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 18, 2:25 pm, markg22..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> ORACLE 8i     (we are in process of upgrading to 10g).
>
> UNIX solaris 5.8  (we are moving to new box).
>
> optimizer_mode = choose
>
> Does anyone know if the size of the temp tablespace is used to create
> an execution plan ?
>
> If we significantly increased its size, could the execution plan
> change   ?
>
> Thank you.

Ah, perhaps the dba has created the table that is used to support the "explain plan" as a global temporary table. They don't take up much space.
If this is an issue, one could create the explain plan table in their own schema or request that it be re-created as a heap table instead of a global temp table.

-bdbafh Received on Tue Nov 18 2008 - 14:52:09 CST

Original text of this message