Re: Urgent help needed. Datafile dropped from OS. Please help.

From: <lsshepler_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:49:37 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 18, 9:14 am, dbagtcol <cx4gt..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> Somebody just dropped an Oracle datafile from OS commands in our
> development RAC. The tablespace isn't that important but i am afraid
> RAC may be down. Please suggest how can I get rid of this tablespace.
> I am on 10.2.0.4 RAC environment with two nodes, in noarchivelog mode.
> When I to drop the tablespace, it gives me this error:
> ORA-01116: error in opening database file 24
> ORA-01110: data file 24: '/oracle/undo01/S0031001_X.dbf'
> ORA-27041: unable to open file
> Linux-x86_64 Error: 2: No such file or directory
>
> Please help. please help.
>
> gtcol

Open a service request with Oracle Support. Don't waste time and don't make any more changes without getting a good backup of what you have.
Btw, some existing oracle processes on the server may still have handles on the file, so you might still be able to recover the dropped file.
Have your users NOT log off of their sessions.

-bdbafh Received on Tue Nov 18 2008 - 14:49:37 CST

Original text of this message