Re: Does Oracle have anything like SAP Business Intelligence Accelerator?

From: <>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 18:15:08 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 8, 8:14 pm, DA Morgan <> wrote:
> Serge Rielau wrote:
> > DA Morgan wrote:
> >> I think you are confusing apples and trees. Almost all SAP installs
> >> are done using the Oracle database. So when one looks at SAP
> >> technology one is asking about an SAP technology built with an
> >> Oracle database as its foundation (just as all apples grow on trees).
> > Arrogance comes before the fall.
> > Nestle runs arguable the biggest R/3 and SAP BW systems and it ain't
> > growing on an Oracle tree:
> >
> Clearly easy to see why DB2 has been so marginalized in the marketplace
> as to no longer be on most people's radar screens.
> You confused the phrase "Almost all" with "All" and thus cited a single
> exception to the rule.
> Give Mark Townsend a call and perhaps he can get you into the Redwood
> Shores ESL program.
> > I doubt that almost all SAP BW installations run on Oracle.
> No you don't. You know damned well they do. Because you know as well
> as I do the number of Oracle licenses sold by SAP. If you don't then
> I suggest you ask your internal IBM sources.
> >> If you are asking about E-Business Suite then there is something we
> >> can discuss but it would be off-topic in this usenet group which is
> >> for server technology and I would direct you to look at Oracle's
> >> TimesTen In-Memory Cache.
> > You are off topic. The SAP BIA is server technology and not a front end
> > cache. TmesTen has no relation.
> No doubt you also think RAID is a hardware technology.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users

Intenetion of my thread is not to discuss Oracle vs DB2 or SAP Application vs e-business suite, instead to discuss BI accleator technology, where SAP is implementing data ware house in its own non-relational database structures and how BI accelator dramatically improves performance. Received on Sat Nov 08 2008 - 20:15:08 CST

Original text of this message