Re: Query Table Name

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:12:26 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 3, 2:55 pm, artme..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> If you are joining one or more tables, is there a way to know which
> table the value came from?  For example:
>
> SELECT DISTINCT(id),
> DECODE(<table_name>,value,<table_name>,value,<table_name>,value)........
> FROM a, b, c
> WHERE a.id = b.id
>     AND a.id = c.id;
>
> In this same query, can I get the table name the name of the table the
> value actually came from?

I don't really understand what you've done with this ... err .... 'query'. Is <table_name> a stored value? Or is it your representation of the actual table name?

You'll need to describe this 'problem' in more detail than you have to get any sort of usable response, I think.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Nov 03 2008 - 15:12:26 CST

Original text of this message