Re: migrating to HPUX 11I V3 OF ORACLE10G

From: joel garry <>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 13:39:37 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 2, 6:51 am, Frank van Bortel <> wrote:
> jitu wrote:
> > Our company is planning to do migration from oracle 10g on TRU64
> > UNIX to HPUX 11i v3 oracle 10g on HPUX 11i v3 . I want to know that
> > which type of migration better i.e by doing import/export or by using
> > Transportable Tablespaces.Please guide me................
> Exp/Imp - iirc, you have an endianess problem at your hand
> and 10G cannot convert tablespaces from little endian to big.
> HP/UX 11.23 will be itanium (Intel).
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

I was surprised to learn that itanium can be either end, depending on the OS.

Here's a faq, showing how right you are:

But then again, I see this: (and it does appear to be in the platform list). Of course I haven't actually tried it.

Since I had to exp/imp anyways (risc to itanium) due to app requirements, it wasn't really an issue for me, but the app needs to know endianess, so I had to figure it out.

-- is bogus.